Welcome everyone to Next 2 Nothing, where you come to discover ways to save in the Boston area.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cask by day... Olivers by night

I'm sure every one of you knows Fenway Park, or at least where it is located. If you don't find out, because not only it is one of the most historic sites in the city it's also surrounded with some of the most renowned nightlife in the area. The one of the most famous venues, located next to the ballpark, the Cask N' Flagon.

Cask 'n Flagon at Boston's Fenway Park / Boston Bars near Fenway - www.boston-discovery-guide.com

The Cask N' Flagon (a.k.a. The Cask) is known for being the premier bar to view Red Sox games, among other local teams and the atmosphere follows suit. There are flat-screens everywhere you look that will keep you locked onto the games. There is no mistake that this bar is a shrine to everything Boston sports. It has been operating for over half a century in the same location and shows no sign of vacating anytime soon. Something that many people my age don't know, including myself until I looked into it, is that the Cask was originally opened as Oliver's in the 1960's and every famous classic rock band to come from Boston played there.

Oliver's nightclub at Boston's Fenway Park / Boston Bars near Fenway - www.boston-discovery-guide.com

Oliver's is now a weekend only nightclub located in the rear of Cask N' Flagon behind large iron fencing. Every time I had been to this bar I had never ventured into Oliver's because I'd never heard anything about it so I assumed it was not worth going... I assumed wrong. When the fence opens on Friday nights that place gets going, hard. As I took the corner around the entrance I was immersed in a place that would rival many other clubs in Boston. The bar was huge, and the quick service was appreciated. The atmosphere was more casual than other clubs, but with a lounge area located behind the 400 sq. foot dance floor. it was still aesthetically upscale. Speaking of which, the pricing was hardly that. It is slightly more expensive than other places featured on this blog, however the value of the experience is worth the extra few bucks.

I will be returning to this club one weekend very soon, I suggest you should do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment